Monday, February 8, 2016

Photos: Patience Jonathan, 4 PDP Governors Attend Wike’s Thanksgiving


Governor Nyesom Wike organized a special thanksgiving service in Port Harcourt, the Rivers state capital, to thank God for his victory at the Supreme Court.

The church service was held at Saint Peter’s Anglican Church, Rumueprikom, Ohio/Akpor local government area of the state, on Sunday, February 7, and was officiated by the Archbishop of the Province of Niger Delta (Anglican Communion), Most Rev. Ignatius Kattey.


Leadership reports that former First Lady, Patience Jonathan, Governors Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa state, Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom and Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia state attended the event.


Other guests included Kelechi Igwe, the deputy governor of Ebonyi state, Peter Odili, the ex-governor of Rivers state, and Prince Uche Secondus, the acting national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).


Speaking at the event, Governor Wike expressed gratitude to his legal team, which consist of 21 Senior Advocates of Nigeria.
He also accused his predecessor, Rotimi Amaechi, of allegedly spending the sum of $150m to finance the 2015 elections of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
According to Wike, the huge sum was spent between December 1 and 18, 2014 on the national election campaigns of APC.
Daily Post reports that the governor promised to recover monies belonging to the state and called for the prosecution of all those behind the alleged looting of funds.
Wike further said that he had told some of his supporters that he was not going to recontest because of the expected bloodshed that would have followed the election.
“Blood would have flown if the election was going to hold again. Many people were being arrested. I would call the security men, asking why they would say they were going to make sure there won’t be any problem.
“So I called some people including the Chairman of the PDP, Uche Secondus that I was not going to run again. They said why and I explained that if I did, many people would die.”
“On the day of the judgment, we were sitting in the parlour when my CSO came to tell me that I was going to lose, and I would be arrested. I asked him to leave my house. He said whether there was nothing we could do, I said he should leave.
“I pray that my enemy should continue to have permanent high blood pressure. I wouldn’t pray that God will heal them. My own has come down now, and for sever months it was high. It is time for their own to rise,” he said.

Accusing the federal government of fighting a one-sided war against corruption, Wike said:
“We would not support the fight against corruption. People took our money from the state, and we wrote to the police asking them to go and make a statement, nothing has come out of it.
“We won’t take anybody to the EFCC because I know what would happen. We know how to fight our own way. We won’t support that war against corruption that they are doing.”

Speaking at the reception,  and called on the federal government to genuinely engage Nigerians to achieve peace that brings development.
He also urged the ruling APC to address series of disturbing challenges in the land and stop abusing Nigeria Judiciary because it did not go their way way.
Nyesom Wike and his family are arriving for the event

No comments :

Post a Comment