Monday, February 24, 2014

SPORT: Uzoenyi Explain Why He Joined South African Club 'Sundowns'

Complete Sports' Player of the Month for January and CHAN 2014 Most Valuable Player, Ejike Uzoenyi has revealed why he joined South African side,Mamelodi Sundowns. The 24 year old Nigerian has signed a four year deal with The Brazilians and will join his new teammates in June.

Many would remember Ejike from the CHAN Tournament recently played in South Africa, where the winger had an impressive tournament to the extent of being named player of the tournament.

Negotiations for the player’s acquisition have been ongoing since after the CHAN Tournament and the player is excited to have finally concluded the deal.

“Joining a club like Sundowns is a great deal for me because their ambitions to conquer Africa are in line with my career objectives as a player,” he said.

“The other thing that made me join the club is that Coach Pitso had a chat with me before I joined and we had a discussion about his plans for me and I feel that I’m ready for the challenge”



No comments :

Post a Comment